About this policy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make it more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyse what works and where it needs improvement.
As most of the online services, our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for several purposes. First-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function in the right way and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information.
- Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit, etc. This data helps us to understand and analyse how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
- Marketing: Marketing or advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies also help us keep track of the efficiency of these ad campaigns. The information stored in these cookies may also be used the third-party ad providers to show you ads on other websites on the browser as well.
- Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing content of the website on social media platforms.
- Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and more efficient experience on future visits to the website.
The below list details the cookies used in our website:
- CONSENT - Used to detect if the visitor has accepted the marketing category in the cookie banner. This cookie is necessary for GDPR-compliance of the website.
- _ga - Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.
- _ga_# - Used by Google Analytics to collect data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit.
- yt-player-headers-readable - Used to determine the optimal video quality based on the visitors device and network settings.
- LAST_RESULT_ENTRY_KEY - Used to track user’s interaction with embedded content
- remote_sid - Necessary for the implementation and functionality of YouTube video-content on the website
- TESTCOOKIESENABLED - Used to track user’s interaction with embedded content
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE - Tries to estimate the user’s bandwidth on pages with integrated YouTube videos
- YSC - Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from YouTube the user has seen
- ytidb::LAST_RESULT_ENTRY_KEY - Used to track user’s interaction with embedded content.
- ytldbMeta#databases - Used to track user’s interaction with embedded content
- yt-remote-cast-available - Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video
- yt-remote-cast-installed - Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video
- yt-remote-connected-devices - Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video
- yt-remote-device-id - Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video
- yt-remote-fast-check-period - Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video
- yt-remote-session-app - Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video
- Yt-remote-session-name - Stores the user’s video player preferences using embedded YouTube video
Your browser controls
You can use your web browser to:
- Delete all cookies
- Block all cookies
- Allow all cookies
- Block third-party cookies
- Clear all cookies when you close the browser
- Open an ‘incognito’ session which allows you to browse the web without recording your browsing history or storing local data such as cookies
- Install add-ons and plugins that extend browser functionality.