communication + social
So-mo builds, engages and amplifies social presence by applying behavioural insights and marketing principles to Social Media. We leverage the reach and targeting power of social platforms to make social content more relevant, more engaging and able to drive results.
We are looking to find someone exceptional who is excited by the problems we solve and the world we operate in. You will have 2-4 years of extensive, hands-on communications and social media experience, preferably with some experience of social change projects.
As an expert in your field, you should have a thorough understanding of how social media plays in the wider digital ecosystem and be able to craft effective strategies leveraging on insights, technologies and paid media expertise. You will be excited about online behaviour and keep up-to date with fast moving trends.
You will be comfortable across the whole campaign process – from execution and optimisation to managing internal stakeholders and clients’ expectations.
You will be a multitasker, able to write great copy, but also understand how to build and grow online communities across a range of platforms.
Lead and execute social campaign strategies that result from combining:
- Client’s goals
- Cultural and behavioural insights about the target demographic
- Trends that are relevant to a) the client’s world and b) the technologies and platforms that the they will be using
Capable of creating great content and network strategies you should have the ability to develop effective paid social strategies as well as being able to effectively apply and translate social metrics.
- Find ways to blend social strategies (paid and organic) with other digital channels and comfortable leading client strategic discussions on innovative solutions.
- You will also help So-Mo to grow, shaping and executing our social strategy to position us as a leading consultancy who attracts the best talent. You will manage our web presence, create and schedule content and be prepared on occasion to interview on camera.
- Great copy writing skills
- Ability to deliver best-in-class paid social expertise across channels
- Troubleshoot technical issues at all stages of the campaign process from implementation through execution and reporting
- Campaign creation from applying Insights through to campaign executions, tagging, optimisations, etc.
- Curious by nature, self-motivated to challenge the status quo and bring in innovation
- Playful - you know when not to take things (including yourself) too seriously
- Candid - you are open, straightforward and know your own opinions. You know when to ask for clarity and are never afraid to ask for, or offer help.
- Creative with a flair for words
- Data driven - with a passion for showing results achieved in easy to understand formats
- An eye for detail and highly organised
- Enthusiastic about social media and the wider wider communications landscape
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Business savvy and keen to play a fundamental role in business growth and identification of potential new business
- Solid interpersonal and teamwork abilities and ability to work without supervision
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Superior communication, organisational, and time management skills
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
You are great at...
- Challenging conventional thinking to create an environment that cultivates progressive and inspiring creative solutions
- Broadening your skill set to add value to all areas of a client’s business and work
- Creation of paid plans particularly Facebook
- Getting the best out of social formats, targeting options, tracking tools, reporting interface
- Independently managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Thinking strategically
- Understanding the client’s needs and being able to connect business challenges and social strategy/tactics
- Using Excel confidently, including pivot tables, graphing and logic statements
- Analytical thinking, such as being able to analyse data to find patterns and trends
- Written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Knowledge in website analytics and tracking systems.
Based in Liverpool, part-time, permanent
Note: We're looking to fill up this position in the next 12 months, but we are accepting applications for the profile. If you think you're just the right candidate for this position, send in your application.
To apply, send in your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com mentioning the job title in the subject line. We'll keep you posted on the status of your application. All the very best!